Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Homage to Henri Fantin-Latour

I decided to celebrate the first day of 2013 with a gouache to hopefully set the tone for doing more paintings during the year ahead. I chose a detail from a wonderful painting by Henri Fantin-Latour (shown below) because I needed something to copy. At present I am not in the mood for doing anything original or challenging. This was challenging enough as the paper is too rough, but I am satisfied with it, so that's saying something!

Happy New Year to all who stop by my blog.

"Homage to Henri Fantin-Latour"
Gouache on Watercolour Paper - 10" x 9" (Approx.) 

Original Painting by Henri Fantin-Latour

4 comments:

Helen H Trachy said...

Very nice, specially the leaves ! A Happy and Inspiring Year to you! :)

Anne C M Campbell said...

Thanks so much Helen - and a Happy, creative new year to you as well!

Autumn Leaves said...

What a beautiful painting, dear Anne. I like that you chose this small piece of the larger and your details are exquisite! You are starting out at a run. Me? Not so much.

Anne C M Campbell said...

Thanks Sherry! I couldn't imagine trying a homage on the full work. Keep going - we'll get there in the end. x0x.