Pages

Sunday 30 September 2012

The Virtual Paintout - September 2012

Yet again I have indulged my love for painting shop windows with muted objects behind the vast sheets of glass and their weird reflections. I make no excuse for this but I do add to the technical difficulty with this obsessive response to the Virtual Paintout every time I do it, but I suppose it wouldn't be a challenge for me otherwise. I had hoped to do two, but just ran out of time. Below my work is a screen capture of the Google Streetview I used as my reference. I cropped the top left hand corner of the shopfront and used that for the composition.


"Storefront Window - Kobmargergade Street - Copenhagen
Oil on Board - 12" x 12"

Google Street View - With kind permission from Google

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

You ended up with a nice abstract piece, Anne. I keep going back and forth between the two images. I like that it looks kind of like a snowman on the left side of the image. Yes, I am quite left brained, aren't I? No wonder my own work by and large plain sucks. And boy! I am so envious of your hair!!

Anne C M Campbell said...

Thanks Sherry....but don't 'get' your comment on my hair.