Pages

Saturday 15 September 2012

Gesture Drawing - Best of the Bad

I am determined to start drawing again, drawing each day and drawing skillfully. I recently found a website that puts up photographs of life models in various poses for artists to use and practice their drawings. Great idea and a fantastic service but heck, did it test me tonight. I drew better at school, truly. This close up of one of the drawings was the best of a bad bunch. Also, the photography isn't that hot.


"Head in Hand" - Close Up
Pencil on Cartridge Paper.

7 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I have to admit that I'm with you on the drawing thing of late. Your head in hand is more than worth two in the bush, which is where my attempts are...

Anne C M Campbell said...

Thanks Sherry - your comment made me laugh!! We must just keep on truckin'...! :-)

Chartan said...

oops, now it is letting me, as soon as I said it wouldn't. I'd be interested in that website? I'm sort of tired of portraits..... and who cares what things look like, just make marks is my motto anymore :D

Anne C M Campbell said...

Hi Charlotte - yep, I get quite a lot of satisfaction from mark-making. The first link is for the 1st website I found which has good photos, albeit with rather 'cheesy' images. However, for me, the whole process is very difficult. The second one I found last night and is a bit more of a mixed bag. Good luck and I look forward to some of your 'marks'.

http://artists.pixelovely.com/

http://www.artsyposes.com/models



Anne C M Campbell said...

Oh and Charlotte, if you are having problems making comments on blogger blogs, read this, very timely:

http://makingamark.blogspot.co.uk/

It's quite tecchie, but good.

Helen H Trachy said...

Great sketch!!!

Anne C M Campbell said...

Thanks Helen, and thanks for stopping by. :-)